System Operations Administrator
A technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY is looking for a SysOps Admin. Their mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. You will be responsible for selecting, recommending and managing tools used to support the monitoring and management of our products, platform and infrastructure. This role is responsible for managing the Root Cause Analysis process for incidents as well as reviewing the incident management process for continuous improvement. This role also manages the call trees, escalations, on call schedules and ticket management.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps, continuous integration, system administration.
- Experience working with DevOps related tools such as Chef/Ansible, Nagios/Sensu, Elastic Search, etc.
- Experience working in a SaaS product development/application building environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- These team members have strong work ethics, believe in the mission, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform capacity analysis, availability reporting, incident management reporting, and change management processes.
- Ensure management and monitoring tools are integrated with all products, applications, multi-tenant services, environments and have rules / alerts for routine and exceptional operations conditions.
- Work with all Product and engineering teams to understand their needs as well serve as an operational resource for troubleshooting, performance tuning and historical analysis.
- Monitoring for opportunities to reduce load, identify potential problems before they occur.
- Assign tickets to the correct resource, assist with the backlog prioritization depending on the urgency/impact of the ticket and follow up to assure completion.
- Manage and create operational dashboards and new ways to monitor the platform and products.
- Expand your skills while working with some really top clients
- Office located in a Manhattan WeWorks office, so casual attire accepted and work from home options, depending on the project and customers
- Competitive Salary: Up to $155/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.