Solutions Architect Big Data
My client is a cross-device marketing technology company in the Flatiron area of Manhattan. Their groundbreaking, proprietary tech assimilates billions of data points to find the human relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, connected TVs and game consoles. They are looking for the human relationship in order to help their clients target specific people, time, and devices for advertising. This is a world class technology and is based right here in NYC.
They are looking to bring a Senior Software Developer onto their team. You will be responsible for solving complex problems building software systems processing over 1M QPS and several petabytes of data. You also will work cross-functionally with the Business and Engineering teams to ensure collaboration on delivering the best products. This role has potential to become a lead role, depending on if that is something you want it to be. So, having leadership skills and the ability to take responsibility for planning, execution, and success in projects is a huge plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or other relevant degrees
- Strong understanding of concurrent and parallel programming
- Vast knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of one or more programming languages (Ex: Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc)
- Experience working with high scale systems
- Knowledge of RESTful Web services
- Highly productive with familiarity of *nix scripting and tools
- Passionate about agile/lean/simple
- Experience programming for JVM is a plus
Desired Skills & Experience
- Typesafe Stack (Scala, SBT, Play!, Akka)
- Finagle, Unfiltered
- Kafka, MySql, Aerospike, Vertica, Redis, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Hadoop, Scalding, Spark
- Mesos, Marathon, Docker
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with partial company match
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.