A start-up in Menlo Park is driving a paradigm shift in e-commerce by removing the obstacles consumers face when trying to buy a physical product like a gift. This company is creating an enterprise-grade, fully customizable, e-commerce solution powering the shopping experience, checkout and gifting platform You will be joining a talented team of designers, engineers, and product managers to design everything from mobile, desktop and web applications.
They are actively expanding their team and looking for a Visual Designer to lead visual brand identity for the company and its products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Design, or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in design
- A minimum of 4 years of Visual or UX design, UI layout, & typography experience, preferably in the e-commerce space
- Minimum of 3 years people leadership Experience
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Start-up experience
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs.
- Strong empathic skills – understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails.
- Strong online portfolio.
- Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
- Strong presentation skills/Ability to influence
- Passion for opportunities Loop has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output.
- Directs, oversees and mentors a team of visual and UX designers
- Develops, implements, and manages the company’s design strategy.
- Leading the definition of visual design throughout the product lifecycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables.
- Hands-on, translating conceptual ideas into compelling experiences and dynamic visual presentations, and turning usability findings into design improvements.
- Ensures designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards.
- Monitors the bid or proposal process to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Collaborates with the Loop Leadership team to create functional strategies and specific objectives for the business.
- Leading visual brand identity for the company and its products
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.