Java Oracle Developer
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We’re seeking expert technology professionals to join our development team within Credit Risk IT. We are looking someone who can:
- Develop high quality software solutions / components that conform to architectural standards
- Manage development tasks end-to-end; take complete ownership of the tasks being developed
- Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs
The IBIT Sales and research team is part of the IBIT function and is dedicated to Corporate center within the UBS group. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across data, analysis, CRM, Research, Publishing and Marketing. Our role is to develop data warehouse applications for several thousand sales and Research staff deployed locally across the IB. We are a team of open minded and highly motivated professionals who care about quality and speed. We are accountable for what we do and have a full say in how we do things. it is not only we do believe in Agile, XP practice - we embody all of those in our everyday work to ensure our software has the highest quality and "Value to customer" at its heart. Our team is highly independent and capable in Lean Software Engineering.
You will be based in Weehawken, NJ.
Required Skills & Experience
- Four year bachelors degree or the international equivalent in computer science, math, physics or a related field
- Strong hands-on development experience using core Java, Swing and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Understanding of TDD and XP, tableau and streaming services
- Experience in holding a senior technical role within a team of technocrats; especially for high-performance, large-scale systems through various project lifecycle stages like design, build, testing etc.
- Excellent understanding of object oriented design, database design and development.
- Strong expertise with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle 10g/11g and above on Unix operating systems (Solaris and Linux)
- Excellent database performance tuning and SQL code tuning skills for high-performance, large-scale systems
- Good knowledge of UNIX (added advantage).
- Good knowledge of Financial Services domain
- Hands-on experience in agile methodologies such as Scrum Here
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150k, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.