Ruby on Rails Engineer
A national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Ruby / Rails Developer in their Reston, VA office. They can pay up to $145K, DOE.
A not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to providing excellence and equity in education. Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Ruby / Rails Developer will design, build, implement, and test automation software systems with a goal to providing rock-solid automation systems using the Ruby / Rails and AWS. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experience using Ruby on Rails to build web applications and services.
Required Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5 years of experience using Ruby and/or Rails
- Minimum 4 year demonstrated experience with full stack development in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. rspec, cucumber, or watir)
- Experience with or willingness to learn Docker, Ansible, or Terraform
- Knowledge of continuous integration servers like Jenkins a plus
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Write clean, concise code, and automated tests
- Design beautiful User Interfaces using CSS
- Build their CI/CD infrastructure and test automation for the software you write
- Provide personalized support to the internal customers of the tools we build and maintain.
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Ruby on Rails Back End development
- 100% Hands On
- 100% New Development
- 90% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $145K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health Savings Account
- Education reimbursement
- College savings accounts, company and employee contributions
- Onsite gym
- Monthly catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Flex hours
- Dog friendly
- Career development training