Senior Data Engineer
A startup in SF in hiring a Senior Data Engineer to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a startup empowering small business owners to be more successful doing what they love. They are looking for a driven Senior Data Engineer, who is passionate about working with huge data sets to answer critical business questions. This position will build tools that collect, centralize and curate large volumes of data. Working closely with our Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, they will also build and maintain real-time data pipelines to support machine learning and predictive scoring algorithms. As a subject matter expert in data architecture, they will mentor other engineers and team members to be self-serving.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Working with cross-functional teams and business customers
- 5+ years of experience building pipelines for processing large amounts of data
- Proficiency with Python and other scripting languages
- Solid experience with Athena, MySQL, Hadoop, Looker
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive hands on experience with AWS and cloud-based computing such as EC2, EMR, Kinesis and Redshift
- You have built a data pipeline and the infrastructure required to deploy machine learning algorithms and real-time analytics in low latency environments
- Understanding of build systems, and other software configuration tools
- 50% Hands On
- 0% Management Duties
- 50% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.