Lead Data Engineer
My client, a loan brokerage service for commercial real estate, is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join their growing New York City engineering team. You will work directly with the Data Science team focusing on building and managing data infrastructure, building tools and systems for data processing pipelines, and deploying data-driven systems and microservices into production. My client is seeking an engineer who will be highly collaborative with their Data Scientists for development of data-driven solutions - teaching them about the work you do while learning about statistical analysis, machine learning, and AI from them. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the world experiences the world's largest social network for investors and traders.
The ideal candidate has a mixture of software development and data science experience, a passion for building systems with data at their core, a curiosity for staying up to date on the latest technological developments and an interest in learning more about Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of data-focused software development
- Ability to program with one or more of the following (Ruby, Python, Go or Scala)
- Experience with relational, NoSQL and streaming databases
- Degree (PhD, MS or BS) in computer science, engineering
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Workflow Management tools like Luigi and Airflow
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems (we use Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with CloudFormation-based AWS deployments
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques such as classification, recommendation systems, and natural language processing.
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, & vision
- 401K plan
- Weekly team lunches catering to any dietary restrictions (even vegans!)
- Flexible work environment to make you at home (but at, like, work)
- Unlimited paid vacation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.