Looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a growing New York City engineering team. You will build data-driven features that are integrated directly into the Client app, research and investigate our data to grow the client’s community and our data business, and continuously improve our data science practices. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the world experiences the world's largest social network for investors and traders.
The ideal candidate has a mixture of data science research and development experience, a passion for using data to solve problems without clear solutions, a curiosity for keeping up with the latest developments in data science, machine learning, and AI and the business sense to know when a simple solution can go a long way towards solving the problem at hand.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of Data Science experience or relevant work
- Strong programming skill (Python preferred)
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as classification, recommendation systems, and natural language processing.
- Experience working with Engineering team to help spec out and set up a data stack
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, etc.), No-SQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3) and streaming databases (Kafka, Kinesis) and developing data processing pipelines
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS)
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production
- Experience with quantitative investment strategies
- Ability to program with one or more languages (Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Proficiency with version control using git