A globally recognized quick service restaurant company is looking for a Systems Engineer to work out of their global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries, the company is a recognized leader in the Quick Service industry.
The Systems Engineer will assist in the creation of new procedures and follow established procedures and guidelines to configure and install information systems (including hardware and software). Follow systems specifications and formalized representations of solutions (for example, flow charts, models) to configure systems that meet customer needs. Prepare technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system. Work with DevOps Team to develop and document process and procedures to add automation to deployments. Develop skills and knowledge of the organization's products and services by working closely with a more experienced engineer or Systems Architect.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working with VMware ESXi, Azure, AWS, and automation practices.
- Hands-on experience designing and supporting solutions for global enterprise, provisioning servers, setting and maintaining policies within a Windows Server 2008/2012 environment.
- Experience with Systems monitoring tools.
- Must be able to understand project requirements with minimal supervision, work with Engineering/Architecture Teams on designs and specify hardware and systems required for implementation.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with Python an advantage
- Experience working with API’s an advantage
- Experience working with SQL an advantage
- Familiarity with: Zoom, Revolabs hardware, Cisco/Polycom video codecs, WebEx, JIRA, ServiceNow, SaaS software solutions, Apple Mac Products
- Networking skills including but not limited to: switches, cabling, firewalls, VLAN, latency, SIP, QoS, MPLS, SIP gateway
What You Will Be Doing
- Project planning and implementation of new applications and systems
- Operational management of core infrastructure systems e.g. VMware, SANs, Cloud (Azure and AWS) and Load balancers
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation
- Work with DevOps Team on Process and Procedures for deployment automation
- Responsible for daily maintenance and problem resolution 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Competitive pay, depending on experience
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.