Senior Data Engineer
Looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a growing New York City engineering team. You will work directly with the Data Science team focusing on building and managing data infrastructure, building tools and systems for data processing pipelines, and deploying data-driven systems and microservices into production. The client is looking for an engineer who will be highly collaborative with their Data Scientists for end-to-end development of data-driven solutions - teaching them about the work you do while learning about statistical analysis, machine learning, and AI from them. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the world experiences the world's largest social network for investors and traders.
The ideal candidate has a mixture of software development and data science experience, a passion for building systems with data at their core, a curiosity for staying up to date on the latest technological developments and an interest in learning more about Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of Software Development experience focused on databases and data pipelines
- Ability to program with one or more languages (Ruby, Go, Python, Scala, etc.)
- Experience working with Engineering team to help spec out and set up a data stack
- Experience administering relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, etc.), No-SQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3) and streaming databases (Kafka, Kinesis) and developing data processing pipelines
- Expertise building and managing scalable production infrastructure in AWS
- Proficiency with version control using git
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Workflow Management tools like Luigi and Airflow
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems (we use Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with CloudFormation-based AWS deployments
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques such as classification, recommendation systems, and natural language processing.
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, & vision
- 401K plan
- Weekly team lunches catering to any dietary restrictions (even vegans!)
- Flexible work environment to make you at home (but at, like, work)
- Unlimited paid vacation