Data Engineer (Python, ETL, AWS)
A startup in the e-commerce industry located in River North is looking to bring on a data engineer to their growing team. In this position, you’ll be using Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, ETL, and AWS to construct a data warehouse based on both historical and real time consumer data. You will focus on the design, implementation, and operation of data management systems to meet the business's needs. This is an awesome opportunity to be a hands on individual contributor to a growing firm.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience with data warehousing
- Python, Scala, Java or Clojure
- Spark and ETL tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or relevant area
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with AWS, Redshift, EC2, S3
- Basic knowledge for BI systems
- Passion for technology
- 100% Hands On and collaboration with devops and data science team
- Analyze clients data and determine the best course of action to improve clients business
- Designing how the data will be stored, consumed, and integrated into their systems
- You will take business requirements, transform them into data models, and develop ETL processes to populate those models
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 4 weeks PTO
- Segway’s in office
- Free beer and catered lunches
- Race (marathons, 5k, etc) and gym membership reimbursement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.