Senior Windows Automation Engineer (Interviews 3/16)
A Windows Automation Engineer is needed by a consulting company with locally based projects. Some of their work is done with enterprise level clients (particularly in the automotive and financial industries), and they’re targeting people with a background in similar backgrounds.
Candidates should have experience managing an environment with a few thousand Windows servers in a distributed environment. The team is working on automating deployments and the infrastructure with Powershell, so applicants should have experience writing automation scripts from scratch. Strong Azure experience is preferred as well since you’ll manage their public cloud. This person will also manage high availability for SQL servers (preference will be given if people have experience with failover clusters, log availability and replication). Experience managing infrastructure as code is also important, since you’ll work to codify the infrastructure. Jenkins is used to build out the CI/CD pipeline and Octopus Deploy is used for builds.
This is a fast-paced environment, and candidates should have previous experience managing Windows automation. If interested, apply ASAP!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in an enterprise Windows environment (1,000+ servers)
- Public cloud experience (preferably in Azure)
- Hands-on with Powershell scripting (preferably to automate deployments)
- Experience writing infrastructure as code
- Git (or other source control tool)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Octopus Deploy for build pipelines
- Docker (or other containers)
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Windows automation
- 15% Cloud engineering
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home (must be local to DFW)
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Flexible working hours
- Conference/Education stipends
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.