Software Developer - Java (Contract)
A company in the heart of Arlington that is primarily focused on solving problems for the government is looking for java developers who are active in the tech community to join their team. This company operates as a start-up, and has amazing growth, promoting from within. The ideal candidate will be analyzing different issues and coming up with innovative solutions for the government. They will also have the opportunity to work with big data technologies including mapreduce, Hadoop, hive, and pig. If you enjoy coding in your free time, staying active in the meetup community, and having a voice within a company, this could be the job for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related degree
- 2+ years’ experience of hands on java development
- 2+ years of professional experience working with spring and/or hibernate
- Knowledge of the latest tech on the market
- Previous experience in an analytics position is a plus
- Additional knowledge with big data technologies is a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $75/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 4 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.