Long-term Contract for UI Engineer at Preventative Genetic Testing Company in Cambridge, MA
A proactive genetic testing company in Cambridge is looking for a UI Engineer with experience in React, Angular, or Vue to join their team on a 9-month contract. You would join a team of 6 in helping families learn about their pool of genes and how to proactively fight potential traits that could lead to future diseases. The team is building a large scale application – a physician/patient portal that provides results to patients online – and is looking to continue growing the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with Java, Python, C/C++, or other object-oriented programming languages a plus
- Experience with consumer facing, high traffic web applications desired
- Interest in science and medicine, experience with web analytics,
- UX design chops are all interesting and a bonus!
- Familiarity with UNIX environments and scripting
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% new development
- 10% maintenance/improvement
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 9 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Catered lunch
- Free snacks!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.