Fullstack Software Engineer (Apparel Industry)
They're on a mission to make the apparel (and more specifically the accessory) industry one of “OC’s hottest.” Two years ago, we realized we were sitting on a gold mine. The culmination of beautiful sunsets, influence from LA, and the coolest and most unique self-expressed, Instagram influencers, we realized Orange County had a unique market- one where the accessory industry could really grow and thrive. So we got in at the ground floor and built a line of accessories that are “so OC.” The Real Housewives would be proud.
Now we’re looking for tech-saavy engineers who believe in our mission, appreciate the arts, want to be involved in the community, and help us make our company bigger and better.
With a company culture that values honesty, simplicity and a strong work ethic, we need engineers who can solve hard problems the right way. You’ll have a fantastic team to support you a long the way and a collaborative environment to help you grow and develop.
In your role as a Full Stack Engineer you will be:
- Build responsive, mobile friendly and beautiful web applications.
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 2+ years with Angular, AngularJS, or React
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience with object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or microservices
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
- Experience in scalable data processing in Spark or Hadoop
- Linux and systems proficiency
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- UX / UI design Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive Salary: Up to $110/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Catered lunches
- Invitation only product launch parties with some of the industry's coolest designers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.