Network Engineer (Palo Alto, Brocade, BGP focus) 1 year contract
Calling all Senior Network Engineers and Architects! Are you interested in working for a well-established Fin-tech software company in San Diego that is changing the space of financial lending industry? This well-established company is looking for a Senior Network Engineer engineer to oversee IT NetOps of multiple avenues, including WAN/LAN routing, Protocols, Firewalls and switches willing to pay up to $80/hr for a rock star engineer. The ideal engineer will have a strong/fundamental technical quiver in a Linux environment with a broad focus in networking. Ideally this engineer will have exposure to Systems, Security, Networking, Databases and Automation.
If you’re a Network engineer, NetOps or a well-rounded fundamental Systems technician who can clean up rattle snake nests of cabling while integrating new high end networking systems please apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer
- Advanced Palo Alto Firewall Experience
- Cisco ASA experience.
- Strong experience with WAN/LAN
- Ability to deploy multiple sites using BGP and OSPF.
- Strong Routers, Switches and Firewall knowledge
- Monitoring tool experience (Cacti, Nagios, Ect)
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment where you will be self-motivated/highly autonomous.
- Network auditing experience.
- Disaster recovery.
- Networking protocols, hardware, firewall security.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Docker or Kubernetes containerization experience.
- CI Builds with Jenkins
- Big Data/ noSQL are big plusses. (MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra)
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Network Architecture with the following :
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Brocade Switches
- Silverpeak SD-WAN
- 50% Maintenance. Daily Responsibilities
- 100% Hands On
Competitive Contracting pay: Up to $80.00/ hr
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit