Our client is a B2B IoT start-up in Sunnyvale using cutting edge technology to work on their flagship product for cargo shipping software. They have an urgent need for a Data Scientist. There will be light coding but heavy on the machine learning. Knowing spark or scala and being able to use predictive modeling is a major plus. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
It’s a small office with about 15 people, but they offer a lot of equity and fully paid health insurance. They have $10 million in series A funding and they are working on closing series B. Their product is currently being used by 4 customers with 396 in line so there is a lot of scalability.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years applying machine learning, NLP, and Data Science
- Experience with applied statistics, distributions, statistical testing, etc.
- Experience managing large volumes of data (terabytes or more)
- Experience with Linear Models, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, and Predictive Analytics
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Some Full Stack experience
- Experience with Python or R
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% coding
- 70% Machine Learning techniques
- 100% hands on
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Building tools for data scientists
- Feature engineering using various techniques for the enhancement of data
- Competitive Pay: Up to $160000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Large equity opportunity
- Fully paid medical benefits
- Relaxed office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.s