Senior Software Engineer (Rails)
A publicly traded Healthcare Software company is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for their Financial District HQ. The right candidate will have the opportunity to help build the first iteration of the product form scratch and have a hand in architectural decision-making.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Build out backend APIs to support clients, taskers, and internal users
- For example, implement a new payment provider for the next country we launch in
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- Implement product features and refactor existing code throughout the stack
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other's approaches
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product features
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- 5-10 years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Comfortable with Ruby and Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Knowledge of MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch all a plus
- Familiarity with Linux command line, automated build systems would be nice
- Excited to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that have a passion for programming.
- You have contributed to an open source software project. Show us your github account, we'd love to see what you're enjoy working on.
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!
Benefits & Perks
In addition to working with a stellar team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors, TaskRabbit employees get tons of perks:
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits: Amazing health coverage with dental and vision benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans (matching!), a discount at IKEA, and ample PTO
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”) along with mentoring opportunities and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully-stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!
- Fun: Awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, annual charity events? Yes!