Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for a well established UK based tech company opening a Boston office
One of the most reputable open source consumer web companies in London is looking to expand to the US market. They are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to build add to their brand new local Boston team. The company builds a unique market place for small businesses to purchase insurance at a drastically lower rate. They are a certified “B” corp which means they are obligated to serve the great good. Small businesses are the engine of the US economy and is a chance to make a true impact on their bottom line.
Required Skills & Experience
- You should have strong technical judgement and experience with Ruby on Rails
- They utilize RabbitMQ for messaging – they are open to other similar modern tools
- You should have experience building software that is deployed in AWS
- Experience building out a platform from scratch
- Experience in working at consumer facing or eCommerce products
Desired Skills & Experience
- It would be great if you had NoSQL experience – they use MongoDB
- It would be great if you had any “DevOps” exposure they use Puppet
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $155K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Highly competitive base salary, bonus, equity, and great health benefits.
- Very rare opportunity to report directly to the CEO of a highly successful tech company looking to build his local Boston brand.
- Over time this role has truly infinite growth potential.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.