Senior Software Engineer - Java (Contract)
This small team with the vision to change the way their customers interact with their products to discover contextual relevant content. With millions of customers using their software you will be part of cutting edge team that is responsible for building highly scalable and distributed search system at scale that renders contextual relevant contents. You will be working with recognized experts, Data Scientist, Data Engineers, Solution Architects in the field to deliver “On-Tap” Unified Search as a Service & best in class search user experiences for web & mobile.
Their Java based solutions are hosted on Amazon Web Services and are always looking to expand our use of core building blocks and SaaS tools. If solving complex real-life customer problems applying information retrieval and text analytics techniques excites you then you should inquire further to explore the opportunity.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years experience designing and developing scalable, distributed and highly available systems
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert working knowledge in Java
- Strong working experience in information retrieval techniques and natural language/linguistic processing
- Experience with building solution for global deployment dealing with i18n and l10n
- Good working knowledge on Vector Model Search and AWS
- 2+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development
- Team player, critical thinking, positive attitude and passion to solve for the business
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Java
- 50% REST
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.