Principal Software Engineer
This company is looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader that is willing to roll up their sleeves and help build a next generation communication platform for the insurance industry. This individual should love designing and building products as well as attracting and assembling teams.
The successful candidate will lead a large portion of the engineering effort, working across multiple teams, and be involved in every aspect of the product. They should enjoy working in the small, fast-paced atmosphere of a startup company. This position will be based out of downtown Boston with the opportunity to work remote 20-30% of the time.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience developing software
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math
- Significant experience in Java and JEE or comparable server side programming language
- Experience in REST Design Philosophy and API development
- Obsessed with building great products
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Java/JEE
- Write code, perform code reviews, run agile teams
- Mentor, communicate, and drive engineering efforts
- Think through complex problems and transform them into easy business solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions
- Contribute to a highly motivated, positive, high energy work environment
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.