DevOps Engineer (Contract)
Our client, a prominent software company located in the DC-Metro Area area is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team for an initial 4-month contract with the possibility to be converted or extended. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Update legacy Chef cookbooks.
- Develop new Chef cookbooks to deploy Java applications in AWS.
- Develop custom Chef resources in Ruby.
- Migrate legacy shell scripts into Chef.
- Migrate legacy Ant targets into Chef.
- Contribute github pull requests to code bases managed by multiple teams.
- Create and administer Jenkins jobs for deployment.
- Research and recommend refactors and architecture changes to Chef, Ruby, and Shell code.
- Work with application development team to understand and document deployment needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Deployment on AWS
- Ruby software development
- Chef cookbook development
- Shell scripting
- Automated testing (frameworks, best practices, mock libraries, etc.)
- Collaboration with git/github (pull requests, rebasing, merging, etc.)
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $75/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.