Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
My Client is looking for a QE team lead on the Engineering team. The candidate will be hands-on in Qualifying and Certifying a variety of critical internal web applications. The candidate should enjoy working in a startup-like environment and be able to function well independently or in cross-functional teams. This position offers challenging opportunities to leverage your knowledge of best practices in Software Quality and enforce/enhance Quality Processes within an Agile Framework.
What You'l Be Doing
- Interact with Engineering and Product teams to coordinate priorities
- Master the Product – provide hands-on Quality direction and test coverage
- Provide discrete direction to Quality Engineers operating in 2 teams in Colombia
- Improve product quality by improving/creating/optimizing processes
- Contemporize the existing test automation processes
- Interact with Technical Lead and Product Owner for all Agile ceremonies
Required Skills & Experience
- REST-ful API experience, working knowledge in creating and interpreting REST API calls
- SQL expertise, ability to perform CRUD operations on the data and table level
- UI test automation in Protractor or Selenium Webdriver.js
- BDD / Cucumber expertise, ability to create scenarios in BDD format
- At least 5 years as Manager/Lead for a quality team
- Experience working with offshore Engineering (Development and Quality) resource
- Minimum 4 years of QE experience testing web and enterprise based products/solutions
- Experience testing complex multi-tiered web based systems and complex data-driven applications
- Ability to plan quality engineering tasks on different teams, between 2-4 engineers per team
- Good understanding of Quality process enforcement, continuous Integration, and Agile-centric quality practices
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to work independently with limited direction at times
- Solid understanding of QE/Test Best Practices and Defect Management
- Software development experience is a plus
- Competitive Salary: Up to $90/hr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.