Senior Windows Engineer (Powershell, Dell EMC)
A financial company based outside downtown Dallas is area is hiring a Senior Windows Engineer to start ASAP! The company has a platform that’s used for financial management and personal finance, and they’re adding people to the team to help bring their IT back in house.
This is a relatively small Windows environment that they’re looking to expand from the existing 20 servers to about 60. Most of their environment is virtualized in VMware, and this person will help them automate their virtual environment with vRealize and PowerCLI. This person should have a well-rounded background working in a Windows environment (managing IIS, SQL, Active Directory, and Office 365). You’ll also help with their disaster recovery and backup planning; candidates with storage experience are preferred, as you’ll set up their hyper-converged storage environment. Powershell scripting is a plus since they need someone to advise them on how to automate operational server tasks as they build out the environment.
This will be one of the first hires that this company will make on their internal IT team. If interested, apply ASAP – interviews are happening soon!
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in a Windows environment
- Active Directory, IIS, SQL server management
- VMware (vRealize, vCenter, vSphere)
- Office 365
- Disaster recovery planning, backups
Desired Skills & Experience
- Storage experience (Nimble)
- Experience writing Powershell scripts from scratch (or customizing scripts)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or something similar
Benefits & Perks
As a full-time employee you will receive the following benefits:
- 401k matching
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Gym Reimbursements
- Commute reimbursement
- Conference stipends