Senior DevOps Engineer (Big Data)
Does Big Data + DevOps + Analytics perk up your ears? Are you interested in working for a leading Fortune 100 company in Northern Los Angeles that is changing the game for almost all industries? This well-established company is looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to be a contributor to the automation team, Development and QA teams. The ideal engineer will have a strong/fundamental technical quiver in a Linux driven environment. Ideally this engineer will have exposure to Systems, Networking, Databases and Automation.
If you’re an senior systems engineer, developer gone DevOps or automation and big data specialist who can live in the cloud, work with configuration management and packer tools and knows the fundaments of managing large enterprise systems, setting up CI pipelines, and managing traffic in a high availability environment, this is the next step forward in your career as a Big Data driven DevOps engineer.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with Systems engineer in a Linux environment.
- Expert with maintaining web, caching and queuing technologies in large traffic environments.
- Expert with Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Django, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ on Linux platforms.
- Experience with Hadoop/Cloudera, Storm/Spark, Kafka, Talend.
- Exposure to development background in one or more languages (Ruby, Python and Java)
- Experience with MongoDB.
- AWS builds/architecture experience.
- Automation with Chef, Puppet, or ansible a must
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with ELK stack logging.
- Vertica is a big plus.
- Docker or Kubernetes Containerization experience a plus
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit