Linux System Engineer
The Linux Network Operations Engineer works in the dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment of the LTN NOC and collaborates with a team of scientists and technologists to support live TV broadcast delivery for major cable news networks and sports events. The Engineer supports customers, addresses end-to-end service problems, and performs troubleshooting to assure high levels of stability and reliability of a highly available service in a unique large scale Linux deployment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong skills and experience with the Linux command line environment.
- Experience writing shell scripts and/or Python scripts and using regular expressions.
- Using standard Linux network troubleshooting utilities such as Netstat, tcpdump, Traceroute, Ping.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to confidently solve problems while interacting with customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Significant experience with Internet protocols, TCP/IP, IP multicast.
- Strong knowledge and experience configuring IP networks and troubleshooting in a Linux environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Great Work Environment