Senior Linux/Network Engineer (SaaS Company)
A locally headquartered software product company has an immediate opening for a Linux/Networking engineer. The company has a product used specifically for precision drilling, and they have an immediate need for someone to run point on their infrastructure.
The company has a strong team of software engineers, and they recently had their infrastructure managed by outsourced companies. The infrastructure is a Linux environment with about 200 servers, all virtualized with VMware. This person is going to manage their virtualization and should have experience managing virtual storage and spinning up new VMs; experience automating virtualization with vRealize is strongly preferred but not required. Candidates should also have experience managing network technologies (Cisco routers/switches). This person will also manage their firewalls (Cisco ASAs) and VPNs to help with customer issues. Network experience is strongly preferred but will likely be about 30% of your time. Scripting experience is strongly preferred (Bash, Perl, Python) to help automate operational server tasks.
The small IT department needs someone who can offer ideas and suggestions into best infrastructure practices. If interested, apply ASAP!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Strong experience managing a virtual environment (preferably in VMware)
- vCenter, vSphere, vRealize
- Management of Cisco routers/switches
- Hands-on experience as the point person for a company’s infrastructure
- Firewall management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Scripting experience to automate operational tasks (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Network configuration
- Experience in an software product company environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathmatics, or something similar
- Agile/Scrum experience
Benefits & Perks
As a full-time employee you will receive the following benefits:
- 401k matching
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Commute reimbursement
- Conference stipends