Linux Systems Engineer
Join an entertainment focused SAAS company Irvine working extremely cutting edge analytics technologies solving complex issues for their entertainment industry clients. There are several positions open at various experience levels with a range of $85,000-$140,000. You’ll utilize your strong high availability Linux engineering background to do heavy virtualization with VMware, Apache/Nginx web administration, heavy scripting for automation and MySQL administration. Not only will you be expanding your skill set in Linux, you’ll utilize the best technology to solve the problems at hand.
In addition to the aforementioned technologies above you’ll have they following at your fingertips: Apache, Nginx, AWS, Catalyst MVS, MySQL, SQL, SQlite, CouchDB, Redis, Redshift, API, JSON and UI. Not only will you have the opportunity to work on a Platform-as-a-Service of the highest caliber technology, you’ll get in on the cutting room floor of startup San Diego office that is supported by their UK headquarters, flourishing from a huge client base. The opportunities are endless…
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux experience (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc.
- Experince building VM’s from Scratch – Vmware, KVM, Xen, HyperV etc.
- Strong development Skills – Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, PHP, Etc.
- CouchDB, mySQL, SQLite experience required.
- Experience with Web Production in a high availaibility enviornment, Keeping uptime 24*7*365
- Experience with Catalyst MVS/ Dance Web Apps.
- Large API feeds, JSON heavy envioronment.
- Redshift experience a huge plus.
- Load balancing (F5)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configuration Management experience is a huge plus (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT Stack, Mesos, Docker, Etc.,)
- Working with commercial cloud based solutions is a huge plus – AWS, Openstack, Azure, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Laid back work environment