This company is currently looking to add a Data Engineer to support the continued growth of the Data Science and Analytics team. They are looking for someone experienced in building complex data processing pipelines in Big Data ecosystems utilizing HIVE, EMR, or AWS platforms. You must also have strong SQL and data analysis skills. This company is also looking for someone who has knowledge of Spark or Luigi.
They work with real life data from customers that have worldwide recognition such as Starbucks. In this role, your work will have large scale impacts on real life events. Also you will be working with the newest technologies, which will help enhance your skillset. Overall, this company is looking for experienced candidates with a desire to learn new technologies and contribute to the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Design, implement, deploy, and support in production new workflow processes utilizing existing data pipeline framework based on Luigi/Spark/EMR.
- Implement large-scale machine learning algorithms using Apache, Spark, and/or other Big Data technologies
- Must have work experience in processing data and writing ETL jobs. Should understand data modeling and writing complex SQLs, stored procedures, etc.
- Knowledge of building data warehouses and understanding of starschema
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics
Desired Skills & Experience
- Candidate should have a track record of using his/her background to solve challenging problems
- Strong diagnostic and insight skills; ability to find trends and patterns in data and explain them clearly
- Willingness to work and share wit other team members and learn new skills
- Experience programming in object oriented or functional language
- Experience in deploying code in production system and supporting it
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit