Data Science Research Developer
A popular media company is seeking an experienced data science research engineer to join our growing analytics practice and help build their business intelligence capacity. Successful candidates will work with analytics and product leadership to assure that the most relevant possible real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of our titles.
- Partner with analysts and live producers to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights.
- Provide consumer-ready recommendations, insights and reporting to Analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers and partner groups.
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on game and business teams.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art data mining and statistical modeling solutions to understand game design, system performance and key business behaviors, such as player engagement.
- Drive needle moving improvements via hands-on exploration of data, dashboards, statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative driven insights with game knowledge to recommend potential avenues to the game and business teams.
- Drive requirements for data collection and for data modeling with data engineers
- Work within a team of data analysts and engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in a research engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field).
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (SAS, R, Matlab, Python, SPSS, Tableau) required.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Experience with Vertica and Hadoop, an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Story telling.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong team spirit.