Senior DevOps Engineer (Contract)
One of Toronto’s newest and most exciting companies, who work on large-scale projects for their US-based parent and its many clients, some of whom are the largest of most renowned enterprise companies in the world, is actively looking for multiple Senior DevOps Engineers to join their Downtown Toronto project teams on a year-long contract basis. Teams work on projects for their clients while onsite in the beautiful headquarters located downtown in the financial district. The firm has offices in major cities across the world, and need multiple DevOps Engineers at the Senior to Lead level to take on multiple projects for high-level clients which will continue as the parent company looks to push all Technical aspects of the business north of the border! The ideal candidates will possess excellent skills with Linux Administration, Cloud computing, and automation, as well as having Computer Science fundamentals and a great work ethic. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work on exciting and impactful projects, at a massive scale, this could be the role for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience within a large Linux-based server environment (CentOS, Red Hat)
- Experience in a cloud environment (AWS, Rackspace, Openstack, etc) and with Configuration Mgmt/ Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby or Bash.
- Strong understanding of Build + Release (CI / CD – Bamboo, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a large-scale environment (infra consists of 2K+ servers and over 15 petabytes of data!)
- Experience with Java/Tomcat
- Experience Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, or big data principles a big plus!
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to work on high-impact projects for Fortune 500 companies
- Opportunity rise quickly in a growing environment, potential for extension or conversion to permanent hire.