Software Development Engineer in Test (Java, Spark, Kafka)
A financial services company is hiring a SDET to join a team building out a big data testing suite. The SDET will be working in an AWS cloud environment, creating unit tests, automation, and test cases against systems ingesting 6,000,000,000+ events weekly.
The ideal candidate is a Java software engineer, strong with critical concepts like multithreading, memory allocation, SQL, problem solving skills, and experience with Spark. Along with the aforementioned skillset the software engineer should feel comfortable pivoting into a heavy AWS, automation, DevOps, testing environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with Java software engineering, including 6+ months experience working with Spark
- Experience writing unit tests with Junit
- BS in Computer Science or related field / experience
- Preference for previous experience with DevOps, automation, AWS
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits.
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit