Principal Java Engineer
Principal Java Engineer needed for hands on development and architecture job opportunity in Downtown Los Angeles. They are willing to pay up to $170,000 for the ideal candidate. This Start-up is creating an all new Mobile Data Distribution and Analytics platform for gathering data from mobile users and monetizing that data. You will be designing, developing, and leading a team of other Java engineers to create applications which offer new revenue channels. You will be working with Java 8, AWS, Redshift, S3, and SQL & Oracle. This is heavily focused server side development role on the middle tier and backend, creating applications which process large volumes of data.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact, build new applications, and be crucial to a tech focused start-up company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years of Java expertise
- J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, REST, JDBC, Multithreading
- AWS, Redshift, S3, EC2
- Expert level SQL skills, previous experience building data pipelines, knowledge of Big Data tools
- NoSQL, especially MongoDB experience.
- Proven ability to desing and build systems, end to end & understand the full life cycle of application development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Apache Camel
- Scala or other JVM languages
- Experience with mobile data and mobile applications
- Previous Python experience
- Previous Start-up experience
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision, Healthcare plans
- Stock Options
- Partial Remote options, 2 days per week
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to have a huge impact in a well funded and growing start up