Workbridge Associates: Where People Meet Performance

Apply for this job
Share this:

Senior Full Stack Developer

 A large insurance company located in the loop is seeking a senior level full stack polyglot developer for their growing Data and Analytics Laboratory. This candidate works closely with Data Scientists on data engineering, making sure projects flow from prototype to production.

The Full Stack Senior Developer will report to the Project CTO and 80% of the person's time will be spent on architecture-level and senior engineering problems. In the remaining 20% of his or her time, the person will manage issues and projects encountered by Data Scientists and coordinate how to attack roadblocks in the current development plan. The Full Stack Senior Developer will work closely with the Project CTO and Project COO to make sure projects stay on schedule. Occasionally, the Full Stack Senior

Developer will be called upon to produce or contribute to projections as to project cost, project completion, and other metrics needed for key presentations, stakeholder relations, and so forth.

The Full Stack Senior Developer is expected to work with Data Scientists at the Chicago office on data engineering and data architecture problems to build viable prototypes, refine existing prototypes, and to ensure projects make it to production at the level of performance and quality enterprise SaaS customers expect. The Full Stack Senior Developer should have strong programming ability in C/C++, Java, Python, and/or JavaScript (Node, Angular, Aurelia, etc.) and should possess deep experience working with Spark. Fluency in the design, construction, and efficient use of databases to attack large data science problems is preferable and experience using APIs with cloud service platforms like AWS and Gcloud is necessary.

Experience harvesting data from the Web and from geospatial/geocoordinate sources (GIS, proprietary mapping, GMaps cross-referenced databases, etc.)is a plus. Experience working with imagery, machine vision, and image taxonomy applications for machine learning is highly desirable. Position is located in downtown Chicago with less than 5 days per month off-site, all of it regional (driving distance).

Required Skills & Experience

·        Experience architecting/developing in Java, Python, Ruby, and Eclipse

·        Experience working with non-relational databases such as Oracle and SQL

·        Experience working on an agile collaborative team

·        Good communication and ability to mentor more junior-level members of the team

Desired Skills & Experience

·        Experience working geospatial/mapping space

·        Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Mathematics

·        Experience with Jasper Reporting

·        Experience leading a team while still being hands-on

Benefits & Perks

·        Competitive Compensation

·        Good Benefits

·        Flexible and Friendly Environment

·        Challenging Industry Landscape

Apply for this Job

Cory Steininger is leading the search for this position. Use the button below to send us your resume and let us know you’re interested in the job!

Apply to this job
Senior Full Stack Developer
  • Cory Steininger

  • Lead Recruiter
  • Workbridge Chicago - OSD
Back to job listings

Great! You're interested!

Use this form to send me your resume, and my team and I will review it for this job:

Senior Full Stack Developer

So you know, this isn't the only job like this we're working on. We'll review your resume for every relevant job that comes in!


Attach your resume:

Apply With This Info
  • Workbridge Associates

Thank you

Your information has been received.

One of our teams will give it a careful look for the Senior Full Stack Developer job, and for every other relevant position we’re working on right now, too.
If it looks like we can help you out, you’ll hear from us shortly!

Return to Search Results Close

Send to a Friend

If you know someone who'd be interested in this job, send them a link so they can check it out.

Thank You!

Your note about the position number: 262055 has been sent to your friend

Return to Search Results