Senior Network Security Engineer (Palo Alto)
Advising and advocating for clients, A Washington D.C. based consulting firm nationwide has an excellent job open for a very seasoned Network Engineer to be the Palo Alto SME for multiple clients in Baltimore, Maryland. This organization has been in business over 15 years and has very experienced Network professionals on staff, some of the senior CCIE’s in the world. This Network Security Engineer will be the responsible for supporting & continuing to enhance client’s networks ---their routers, switches, & firewalls, and a variety of other network tools. Beyond managing the network, this person will be representing the company at each of these clients and should be able to think on their feet and speak very intelligently with clients while diagnosing problems and using prior experience to confidently convey real-time solutions. In doing so, this person must be able to travel to Maryland and DC clients as well as be excited and comfortable working independently while remotely supporting networks from home.
Interviews are ongoing, so please apply immediately.
Required Skills & Experience
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in ways that make sense technical and non-technical individuals
- Expertise with Cisco routing & switching as well as firewalls: 3750,4500, 6500, Nexus 7xxx Series Cisco devices
- Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX, and most importantly Palo Alto firewall configurations as this person with be Palo Alto Subject matter expert
- Experience with compliance standards PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Experience with VPN site to site
- QOS and multicast experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of enterprise network design/configuration/operations/
- A proven ability to create solutions in complex environments.
- Desired Skills: Knowledge of IT security; a CCSA or CISSP would be a plus; Other Cisco certifications are ideal as well: CCNP highly preferred, as well as CCIE, CCDP, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- This is a great opportunity to join a well-established organization that is very passionate about serving their clients well by providing excellent Cisco solutions
- Here you would get the opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced Cisco professionals as you continue to enhance your understanding and experience in your networking career
- Once offered permanent position, full benefits will be offered to include 401k, paid time off, health insurance, etc.