San Francisco EdTech company is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who has worked in a cloud environment, preferably Google Cloud and has a software development background with the earning potential of $150,000.
The company has built a highly available and scalable learning platform that is one of the top 50 biggest websites in the US in terms of traffic. They are a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. With backing from Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital and Altos Ventures, the business model is so strong that the company was profitable before raising venture capital money.
In this role, you’ll work on building and scaling high-availability server systems, high-performance search, automation, optimizing data storage, among many other challenges. If you join the team, you’ll be one of just a handful of engineers building and deploying new products that help tens of millions of students. Recent projects the infrastructure team has worked on include moving the entire architecture to Google Cloud and setting up a massively scalable data pipeline. They have a small team relative to the traffic and impact, so you’ll immediately take on lots of responsibility.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience working with Linux or Unix infrastructure
- Professional experience working in a cloud environment, preferably Google Cloud
- Familiarity with Python, PHP, Go or similar backend systems and frameworks
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience using monitoring tools like nagios or graphite
- Background in software development is a big plus
- Passion for solving challenging problems
Benefits & Perks
- Full Medical Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Passionate team and company culture