A popular search engine-based company is looking to bring on a Backend Developer to join their team. This is a search engine centered around helping users research and reconnect and has been recently named as one of the leading people search technology with more than 18 million unique visitors a month.
On the backend, engineers get a chance to work with very large data sets, with hundreds of millions of records each. Not only that, but we're collecting data from a wide range of public sources, so merging, organizing, and querying these data sets becomes a major challenge. Needless to say, you would deal with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. If this sounds of interest, we are eagerly awaiting your application!
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is a must
- At least 3+ years of experience working with programming languages like Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with high performance, high traffic web systems
- Expert knowledge of NoSQL, MySql, Oracle or other RDBMS and its performance issues
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
Benefits & Perks
- This position offers free Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Stock options
- 401K program
- Free catered daily lunch
- Casual dress and working environment
- Interactive games
- & Much more!