AWS DevOps Engineer
This established company is using the power of curiosity, excitement and intelligence to shape the future of communications. Every day, their talented team members are working with communications providers in 25 countries, designing and building their networks to accommodate new customers and new services, and providing strategic services and business intelligence to help them make smart decisions that keep their businesses competitive and growing.
Software and business intelligence solutions are essential to meet customer expectations for fast, reliable, and innovative service. Without BI analytics and agile operational solutions, organizations cannot respond quickly to changing customer needs. They are known for designing optimal solutions that are carefully constructed to align with their customer’s key business requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage site reliability and performance
- Create tools/scripts to help in build and deployment (Terraform / Chef / Docker)
- Troubleshoot issues and participate in 24x7 on-call support, ensuring the stability of the production environment.
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operations across a complex global infrastructure.
- Actively participate in Engineering SCRUM and design meetings to drive operability requirements for the system.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Number of years of experience 8+
- Operational mindset with ability to do Problem, SLA and Incident Management.
- Experience in managing AWS environments
- Experience in support/troubleshooting/operations of Cassandra database is a plus
- Strong Linux/unix background and Advanced scripting knowledge e.g python, ruby, java etc.
- Capacity Management for all tiers across multiple applications
- Experience with metrics, monitoring and alerting tools such as Sensu, Graphite, Prometheus, ELK, Nagios, Gomez, Splunk etc
Desired Skills & Experience
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones
- A work ethic to drive projects and tasks to finish on time, overcoming any obstacles along the way
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, stock options, Medical/Dental/Vision and 401K benefits