Principal DevOps Architect
A SaaS company in the healthcare industry that created a platform for hospitals to access patient information easily and securely is looking for a Principal DevOps Architect to join their cloud operations team. The architect will provide technical leadership to the team and be a key contributor to our efforts to support current operational needs and design our next generation operational framework and related processes.
Responsibilities for the role include assessing all tools currently used by Operations, assisting in optimizing, and providing technical leadership in their use and support as well as suggesting alternatives/advancements/improvements; Contributing to the design and implementing processes in conjunction with our Agile development teams to accelerate delivery and improve the quality of our code updates; Providing senior technical guidance surrounding project delivery and providing efficient and effective operational services; Identifying and deploying game changing technologies that help our teams focus on future facing technologies; Leading complex projects that align with the breadth of IT, Engineering, Product Management and Support; Providing technical leadership to the team during any event or critical leadership discussion; And designing the environment of tomorrow as we plan for the scale and growth needs of the future.
Required Skills & Experience
· 6-8+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure design and deployment or comparable technical background with leadership experience.
· Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical area, or demonstrated technical and operational experience with SaaS operations.
· Experience managing an AWS of technically comparable architecture or service offering.
· Working knowledge of DevOps, Agile development, and cloud operational support processes.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to work across various levels of an organization and problem solving skills.
· Expert knowledge of DevOps and SaaS architecture and design principles/processes.
· Expert knowledge of server, networking, operating system, database, application performance management, monitoring and alerting system, load balancing and security systems.
· Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining monitoring and metrics systems which provide business stakeholders with system performance and operational feedback.
· Experience developing and maintaining a business continuity and disaster recovery processes as well as designing testing procedures.
· Strong Linux administrative capabilities.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
· Experience with Docker, Kafka, Zookeeper, and Cassandra or similar background.
· Experience with EC2 or Kubernetes and or a strong grasp of the technologies.
· Experience with Splunk, DataDog, and Nagios or similar tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience with Jira and Kanban/Scrumban processes a plus.
Benefits & Perks
· Great location in Lexington
· Chance for light travel and conferences
· Great compensation
· Comprehensive benefits
· Working with a growing team and cutting edge technologies
· Significant growth and advancement opportunities
· Fun, casual and collaborative work environment