Senior Linux Engineer (Nutanix, AWS, Python)
A Linux Engineer is needed by a telecommunications company headquartered outside downtown Dallas. The company produces a video streaming and telephone service for private institutions throughout Texas and the U.S.
This person is going to be one of the more Senior Linux Engineers on the team and will help manage about 800 Linux servers. The environment is primarily virtualized with VMware, and they’re talking about migrating to a public cloud (AWS, but they’re open to other suggestions). Candidates should have experience managing web servers (Apache or Tomcat) and database management (this environment uses PostgreSQL). Candidates should have experience with a coding or scripting language since the team is starting to automate operational server tasks. Python is preferred, but candidates experienced with Bash, Shell and/or Ruby will be accepted for the position. Experience with Nutanix or another hyper-converged storage solution is strongly preferred as well.
The team is looking for a candidate who can bring new suggestions to the team and welcomes open communication/collaboration. If interested, apply ASAP!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a Linux environment with 500+ servers
- PostgreSQL, Apahce/Tomcat
- Storage experience (Dell Compellent, EMC, Nimble)
- Experience setting up a VMware environment (vCenter, vSphere, vRealize)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Nutanix (or other Hyper-Converged storage)
- Scripting to automate operational tasks and/or application/software deployments (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby)
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Engineering
- 30% Administration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $125,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible working hours
- Work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit