Mid-Level Data Engineer
Our client is a growing start-up that makes drones, they are doing some exciting stuff targeted toward social media influences and creators. Located along the peninsula, they are striving to be number one in the space as social media is becoming the number one choice of media for the new millennia.
Their applications team is in need of a mid-level Java developer to work hands-on on a new platform, it will allow for the transmission of data from the drone straight to the application in real-time. They are also working on integrating a new processing software that renders the video, applying machine learning to the formula.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years developing applications on the back-end with Java, and good background utilizing big data technology like Spark or Scala. Its a great opportunity to learn about technology used in an industry that has evolved every year since before YouTube became a thing. If working with the latest tech, around passionate people who are driven to make progress, then apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience Hands-on coding in Java
- Good experience building with Scala or Spark; both is a plus
- Background working on architecture for server side infrastructure
- Background working with AWS
- Experience with machine learning technology is a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands-On Coding
- Competitive Compensation Package.
- Full health benefits including dental and vision.
- Flexible PTO and vacation time; take it when you need it, as long as you need it.
- Catered team lunches.
- Huge lounge and break room, pool table and ping-pong table.
- Relaxed environment.