Senior Data Engineer
Did you wake up this morning uninspired to go to work? Do you find yourself up late at night tinkering with new tools and technologies because you can’t at work? Let’s change both of those things by getting you to join one of the most exciting innovation groups in Philly. Join the tech hub of one of the country’s leading digital media houses and help build a brand-new data pipeline. Working with python, scala, spark and ML in order to clean and organize a massive amount of consumer data and empower a well-known brand to better reach its customers. Experience building a data pipeline from scratch (or just really good engineering chops) is great. The culture is a very strong team, very close group of techies and very low turnover because people are invested in and supported.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working with Python or Scala
- Understanding of data and how a pipeline should operate
- Full-life cycle development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Building data pipelines from scratch
- Working with Data Scientists to model and predict outcomes from data
- Experience with MongoDB, CosmosDB, couchDB, or similar database
- Passion for working with a highly impacting group of engineers
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Backend Programming with Python or Scala
- 80% Hands On Development
- 20% Architecture and Design
- Competitive Salary: Up to $145K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Bonus package on top of salary
- 401(k) with match
- 3 weeks PTO
- 5 days of sick time
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.