Technical Team Lead
The client is a leading provider of gifts for all celebratory occasions. For the past 40 years, they have been helping deliver smiles to customers with a 100% Smile Guarantee backing every gift. They were named to the Stores 2017 Hot 100 Retailers List by the National Retail Federation and also received the 2017 Gold Winner for The Golden Bridge Awards for the Company's groundbreaking implementation of an artificial intelligence-powered online gift concierge, GWYN.The client was awarded the 2017 Gold Stevie "e-Commerce Customer Service" Award, recognizing the brand's innovative use of online technologies and social media to serve the needs of customers.
The Technical Team Lead is responsible for the smooth operation of all systems which make up the E-Commerce platform. This includes monitoring trends and making changes before issues arise, troubleshooting complex issues and improving processes upon which the E-Commerce platform is dependent.
What you'll be doing
- Working with multiple other teams to troubleshoot complex issues – either detected within the team or escalated by other teams
- Maintaining multiple environments from development to load test to production for multiple systems which make up the platform
- Creating and maintaining a schedule several months in advance for maintenance, patching, and deployments to keep all systems in compliance with company security standards while minimizing the business impact
- Having a constant awareness of Ecommerce platform including which locations are active, where different versions of code are deployed and the state of the various services and features being used.
- Participating in the functional and performance validation of systems
- Working with the team and operations manager to determine areas in need improvement and updating existing processes or create new processes with a focus on fully automating all processes
- Creating, updating and maintaining processes used to automate tasks and monitor the platform
- Creating, updating and maintaining documentation on processes used to automate tasks and monitor the platform
- Maintaining an understanding of what normal metrics are for the different systems and watching for deviations or trends which could indicate potential future issues.
- Investigating deviations and changes in performance of systems to determine their cause.
- Performing security scanning against systems and resolving or escalating any vulnerabilities found to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Participating in the integration of new IT solutions which integrate with systems within the platform
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with Java/Scala
- 3+ years experience with Microservices (Spring Boot, etc)
- eCommerce platform experience a must
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new, complex environment
- You take responsibility for tasks and drive them to completion either alone or in collaboration with others.
- Server-side web development experience
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc).
- Experience with Linux O/S
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Automation experience preferred.