Principal Data Engineer (Java)
A programmatic ad tech company located in San Francisco is seeking their next Principal Data Engineer to architect their next-generation reporting and analytics platform by building complex and scalable data pipelines in Java with some contributions Scala microservices architecture. You will be joining the startup division of their larger media company, so you will experience the startup environment with the resources of a large enterprise company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 13-16 years of experience with architecting platforms/micro-services with Java, Hibernate, and Spring Framework.
- 5+ years of experience designing, creating, and implementing reliable and efficient data pipelines to transfer data with modern data tools.
- 5+ years of experience with Java 8 and a solid understanding of Lambda Functions, Multi-threading, Concurrency & Executor Framework, Generics, Collections, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS technology stack and Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Experienced with leading/mentoring 2-4 engineers
- Understands Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, and Athena.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Worked with NoSQL databases: HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Knowledgeable of digital marking industry domains
- 95% Hands On
- 5% Management Duties
- Competitive Pay: Up to $130/hr, DOE
- Contract to Hire: 6 Months with likelihood of transitioning to a full-time position after three months depending on quality of work
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit