Senior Java Developer
Our client is a San Jose company that's been around since before the South Bay became the Silicon Valley, they are in need of a Senior Software developer who wants a shot to become a part of this titan that's had it's roots firmly grounded in the make-up of the Valley. The project you'll be working on deals with a lot of Big Data technologies; so having a strong grasp of tools like Spark and Hadoop are must haves; bonus points for having Scala experience. You will be working on their ETL pipelines and building on other server-side operations for the project. The team works fairly autonomously, allowing for unique opportunities to think differently and enrich yourself in tech you are interested in exploring. If this interests you, apply now and learn more.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Data Engineering or Data Science experience.
- Proficiency with Java and other associated Big Data technologies.
- Experience with database/storage systems – Postgres, Aerospike, Cassandra, Redis.
- Proficiency with data analytics platforms such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, and Storm.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Design and implement algorithms to handle massive data sets
- Pluses: knowledge of text, streaming data, and time series analysis
- At-least a Master's Degree in Computer Science or any relevant subjects
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Hands on Coding
- Competitive Compensation Package; including Early Stage Equity
- Full Benefit: Health & Dental
- Great Work & Life Balance
- Setup your own office space
- Vacation Policy; Take it when you need it.
- Happy hour & Poker Nights