Java Instructor (Development Experience)
My client is looking for an Instructor to teach a 13 week class (40 hours a week). The client teaches a web development immersive course where students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as web developers. They are looking for a co-lead instructor with strong Java experience to play a key role on our growing instructional team.
If you are looking to make an impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, this is perfect for you. The client will deliver training on teaching, so if you do not have teaching experience that is 100% ok!
As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time web development program, you will join us on one of our many campuses to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Required Skills & Experience
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You have worked in a client facing environment
- You have at least 2+ years of experience working on a software development team.
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills
- AJAX, Apache, CXF web servers, routing, JSON
- Full-stack Java (strong Java highly preferred)
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular or React preferred)
- SQL JOINS, SQL databases and ORMS, Spring, MVC
- TDD and unit/integration testing using JUnit
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- Deploying to Spring Cloud and AWS
- Bootstrapping and quickly prototyping the JHipster
What You Will Be Doing
- Teach eight hours a day, five days a week, for 10 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit 10 - 20 hours a week to working with us on curriculum/preparing to teach.
- Work closely with two – three co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems
This is an urgent position looking for someone to start by end of February, please apply asap if interested!
- Competitive Pay: Up to $40/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 13 weeks
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.