CTO (Innovation Lab)
We are actively searching for a CTO/Head of Technology for a stealth-mode Innovation Lab that will be located in downtown SF (steps from the Montgomery BART Station). The Lab is being spun off from the much larger parent company that is in the industrial and extractive industries. This is a great opportunity for someone that has been working at SW Product or SaaS companies and wants to try something off the beaten path!
The right person will build a team of highly talented engineers and designers to envision, prioritize and build innovative digital products that will shape the industry for a new generation of tech-savvy customers. This role includes leading cross-functional teams that include developers, designers, researchers, etc.
Your mission is to work closely with business sponsors to identify key pain points and to collaboratively design and build solutions that delight customers and empower internal staff.
You will have cutting edge tools and technology at your disposal and you will work in a high-performing Agile team.
- 10+ years in Senior engineering and technology roles working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products – while remaining hands-on
- A track record of hiring, onboarding, and developing engineering and product teams
- Strong examples of coaching, facilitating and guiding others – directing, leading and mentoring others to do the right thing
- An expert in product development for web and mobile with hands on experience coding in with web and JS frameworks – such as Angular, React or Node.JS including experience with CSS and HTML
- An expert in Agile software development methodologies and processes including CI, CD, TDD and automation
- A depth and breadth understanding of the digital technology space – with the ability to stay current and up-to-date on trends and technologies
- A wide experience and understanding of architecture in terms of solution, data and integration
- Experience working with teams using DevOps and continuous delivery with focus on delivering rapid customer value
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- Proven leadership; ability to articulate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience