Python Data Engineer
A well-known advertising technology company based in Santa Monica is looking for a Data Engineer with experience working on large volume, low-latency data platforms and who is ready to tackle emerging problems in the programmatic media-buying space. The team uses Kafka, Spark, Druid, Cassandra, PostGres, Finagle, Airflow, HDFS, etc. to support an ETL pipeline, data warehouse, and DMP. The company processes and reports on over twenty billion auctions per day as well as billions of user attributes and a variety of other input streams.
The candidate would be responsible for: adding new reporting features (such as low latency data-marts, HTTP services, and other custom reporting solutions), building new and scaling out existing Spark apps, building out new ingest pipelines (Kafka, S3, third-party web services), coordinating data models with other teams, working with DevOps to increase the company’s monitoring and alerting coverage as needed, and scale out their NoSQL appliances, tuning Spark apps to get the most out of the quickly evolving platform. They are willing to pay up to $150,000 for the ideal candidate.
Required Skills & Experience
- A strong, demonstrated understanding of Python
- Experience building and managing ETL pipelines
- SQL fluency and an understanding of relational data models
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Ability to embrace challenges
- Eager to work with some of the latest open source technologies
- Prior experience working with Spark, Hadoop, or other big data processing platform in high-volume environments
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- On-site gym with unlimited use of personal trainer and weekly in-office yoga
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Support for hackathons and conferences
- Small, tight-knit team
- Fun company outings!