Software Development Engineer in Test
A healthcare company in SF that is making it as easy as humanly possible to navigate healthcare and live happier, healthier, more productive lives, is hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test to join their team. Their health navigation platform connects with hundreds of health vendors, benefits resources, and plan designs, giving rise to the world’s first comprehensive app for all health needs.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will utilize your strong Java or Ruby development skills to design, develop and utilize test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex software-as-a-service (SaaS). Experience in other popular programming languages will help you evaluate other solutions and modern approaches. You will define, implement, and analyze metrics to determine test effectiveness and the overall quality of software. This position requires collaborating with the devops, build engineers and product developers to ensure the tools you create and maintain support to the full team.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years professional coding experience in Java
- 1+ years professional experience creating test automation frameworks and tools
- JUnit, SerenityBDD, TestNG with Extent Reporting or equivalent testing tool experience in another programming environment
- Working knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB
- Build tools like Maven, Ant, Gradle, Grunt, or Gulp
- Git source control
- Developing software and testing solutions in an Agile environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Developing Jenkins workflows or plugin authoring
- Service-Oriented Architecture. Experience testing Web services is a plus
- Virtual (VMware) or Cloud (AWS, GCE)
- Bash or Python scripting
- Database programming
- Knowledge of Linux/RHEL
- Applying different software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc.
- Some performance / scalability / reliability (PSR) testing is also preferred (e.g. JMeter)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options!
- Top tier medical, dental and vision
- Travel Assistance, Legal Assistance, MDLive, EAP, Discounted Gym Membership
- Great SF location!