This academic environment is looking to bring on a Linux administrator, located in the West Chester area. More specifically, they are in the transportation industry for Chester County schools. Being in academia, my client’s information service department is more tight-knit, meaning you will get your hands on a broader spectrum of technologies.
For this role, they would ideally like to bring on someone who is a bit more junior that is eager to learn the network aspect of an infrastructure. This is a Linux Administrator role, but they are putting a heavy emphasis on network support as well. You will be responsible for setting up firewalls, troubleshooting routing and switching, VPNS, and basic cabling. If you are itching for a position in which you can expand your skillset, this is the role you’ve been looking for.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Linux
- Hardware troubleshooting experience
- Routing and Switching
- Basic cabling and fiber runs
- Redhat and Centos
- Support Tickets
- Degree in Computer Science, or 5 years of experience supporting similar networks preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Full dental, health, vision
- Flexible schedule